Hey, I'm Maryana. I'll start off by telling you what I'm not because I'll be honest - I'm quite different to your average health coach or wellness 'personality'. You won't find pictures of me manically grinning over a plate of food like it's the funniest thing that's literally ever happened to me.
I don't have any pictures of me standing over a kitchen bench chopping vegetables.
I don't do lycra. I barely do anything other than comfortable trackies and jandals.
You won't find my recipes or advice packed full of "healthy" foods like quinoa, kale, lentils or chickpea. Because I don't find them either delicious nor particularly easy to digest. I like meat, and other ancestral foods that are very skin and gut friendly however apparently not on trend. I'm not really bothered about trends. I prefer results.
I'm openly not perfect. I like things that make me think and I'm very much not cool. Think the opposite of cool, and that's me and yet somehow I've been able to build a platform with over 30,000 followers and community members being just this.
So what I am, then?
A real person who has faced similar challenges to you, who found that gut healing gave me the opportunity and education to recover my daughter from eczema, mild skin infections, multiple food allergies, Failure to Thrive and swollen lymph nodes - from the inside out - and wanted to help others do the same because it was so powerful.
I prioritise nutrient dense eating and holistic health principles, while also keeping healing accessible and fun rather than an onerous punishment. Rather than speak at you, I also prefer speaking with you because you are a key part of this after all.
Taking on the challenge of disrupting the eczema industry isn't the kind of thing you do for fame and glory, it comes from a lived experience with the frustration of just being told to put more creams on but those creams don't work. My knowledge hasn't come from lecture halls, although I've a read and researched a lot since. It started with real life and learning how to apply these principles within a home so that's what I share.
You will often find me...
Walking with my rescue dog, Kira. Usually with a coffee in my hand.
In the kitchen making meals for my family. Most are delicious, sometimes the best I've got for them is a gluten free toastie.
Checking out foodie shops or markets for delicious new things to try.
In my home office holding private sessions with families around the world.
MY WELLNESS PHILOSOPHIES
1. Support healing from the inside out rather than chase symptoms.
2. We know our bodies best, we just need to learn to listen to them.
3. The most healing ingredient in any meal is love.
4. This is not just about the gut - our bodies work as a whole.
5. Question everything, even things you have been told for years.
6. Symptoms may be common - but that doesn't make them normal.
7. It is a journey. We won't know everything at the start.
8. Everything can be a learning experience if we want it to be.
9. It's not just about a healthy diet, we also have to look at coping skills, communication, processing of emotions and thoughts, sleep, community and relationships. That's why a coach can be so powerful over a bunch of pills - natural or otherwise.