Potato Fish Cakes
This is not a particularly flash meal but it is something that contains ingredients that a lot of kiwi families may already have in the pantry and is really about celebrating comfort from the simple things x
gluten free | dairy free | serves 4
Make This Recipe
1 box frozen Hoki fillets, thawed
2 large Agria potatoes or 1 large orange kumara - peeled, cut and boiled
2 eggs, whisked
1 tablespoon coconut yoghurt
1 cup frozen peas and corn
0.5 cup paleo breadcrumbs
Salt and ground black pepper
2 tablespoons finely sliced spring onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (optional)
1. Put potatoes on to boil. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Fry hoki gently in a pan until just cooked through (I like ghee or tallow, but coconut oil is also good). Set aside.
3. Mash boiled potatoes and mix with eggs, yoghurt and breadcrumbs. Add peas/corn and seasoning.
4. Flake the hoki and gently fold into the potato.
5. Heat more oil on a moderate heat.
6. Form patties and brown on each side.
7. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes to heat all the way through.
Serve with crunchy fresh things.
If you’re interested in one-on-one coaching designed to help you build a strong nutrition and lifestyle foundation to overcome skin and gut health related challenges such as eczema and allergies, I see a small number of clients each week from around the world in my private integrative nutrition and gut health online. For more information visit here.